"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Woah Is Me

So I need to take a moment to vent. I got home Tuesday evening after a nice dinner with Danielle at our usual date spot (woot woot Chili's!). I go downstairs to let Bosco Bear out of his cage only to discover my worst nightmare in the making...water in the basement! I quickly begin panicking and run over to my wonderful "back up husband's" house, our trusty neighbor Travis. Bless his heart...it was 9:00 p.m. and he and his lovely wife are already in bed. WHOOPS! Talk about sheer embarrassment and panic at one time. He comes over to help work on the sump pump while I scramble to get all boxes and other items off of the floor as water continues to flood in. I won't even mention how the basement is full of stuff that we're storing for my mother and our best friend, Travis (all of his life's possessions are down there!). So much for trying to help them out by doing a good deed! By the way...IT WAS OF COURSE A TORNADO WARNING OCCURING OUTSIDE as 4-5 inches of rain proceeded to fall through out the night...by the way!


Despite Travis' amazing efforts, a plumber was inevitably called. After arriving at 12:30 a.m. and leaving at about 2:00 a.m.(CLEARLY annoyed with me and my pestering questions), I proceeded to work in the basement 'til about 3:30 a.m. IT WAS AWFUL! It's been two days of perpetual hell and, OF COURSE, my professional life at work has been equally as bad this week. It's as if the parents and children knew to kick me while I was down. That's a whole entire other hell in which I'll graciously spare you all from.


Thanks to Travis, my wonderful "Plan B" husband, for all his help, Amy his wife for loaning him to me during my times of utter peril, to my mom for calming me down while I literally had a psychotic breakdown, that wonderfully cranky plumber, Mike, who charged me $500.00 (the Christian in me will refrain from further comment), and to my three wonderful guy friends (Adam, Tim & Troy) who came over the next day and helped me lift tons of heavy stuff I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do on my own!! And you thought YOU had a bad week.

PS My basement still smells as if my dog has been urinating down there for months. Pleasant.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Sweetie,

I am sorry that you had to go thru that all by yourself! If you need any help with getting the smell to go away, I can come down and help.
I know that you have a wonderful family and they are there for you at all times, but I am willing to help whenever you need me. Love Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I thought my weekend was bad because I am tired and sore from working and doing my body pump class, but I am feeling that I should just keep that to myself since you clearly have topped the cake with the basement issue. I am sorry. That really sucks. I would check with who you have your home warranty with. Depending on what coverage you have, you may be able to file a claim, in reguards to the sump pump not being proper installed. Not sure, but it is worth checking into. Hope this week goes better for you. As if you needed another thing to worry about right now. Cheers to a better week, and no I am not currently drinking but I wish I was. Talk to you later.
Erin

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!