"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hillary Clinton: Friend or Foe?


Today was yet another realization for me that I am almost fully transitioned into an adult. (I have had many of those somewhat sad moments in the last few years!) I found myself standing in a long line waiting to get in to see presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton. To make the experience even more "adult-like," I had a Starbucks coffee in one hand, a bag of paperwork to get caught up in the other, and I was attending all alone. It's fun to be a grown up.
When I finally got in almost two hours later, I got the amazing opportunity to hang out with Senator Hillary Clinton. By "hang out" I mean I sat up high in the nose bleed section at an old Anderson High School gymnasium while she gave a speech full of amazing goals and promises on how she'll run America if elected our next President.
Nonetheless, today was interesting and inspiring. She had all the right answers and props to her, as she handled a lot of tough questions. Half of me left inspired while the cynical half of me questions how much she really can accomplish. It's easy to say you have all the answers but where does the funding come from? Where does she have the time to make all these promised changes? I worked late three nights last week and a whole 10 hour day on the weekend just to get caught up...and I run a childcare center! How can she do all that for the whole country?!
As for now, it remains to be seen which candidate will really pull my vote their way come May 6th in Indiana's upcoming Primary election. I know that either way, today was an overall amazing experience and I was glad that I was there to witness it! I am adding a really neat site that breaks down the candidates, gives reminders on upcoming important dates that are election-related and summarizes each candidate's platform. This site is dummy proof. It is titled "Declare Yourself!" Check it out!

No comments:

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!