Some updates include that his internet was cut off for a while because some idiot cut the cables that are ran from the satellite to his room. So that was unfornuate but he's back up and running again. Sorry if he's taking a while to get back to any of you who e-mailed him. That's what was going on with him and his internet.
I also found out that Mr. Frank is a bit of a fibber! This whole time he was telling me "oh baby, I'm not out on missions. I get paid the same to sit behind a desk and be a pencil pusher as the rest of the guys do to go out and get shot at so I'm just fine staying back and not doing missions." I was proud of him on this and thought it meant he was really grown up and mature and wasn't trying to be all brave and courageous and manly over there....WRONG. He was lying to me the whole time because he didn't want to upset me. He's been going out on tons of missions!! Boy did I feel stupid, bragging to all of you on how "smart" I thought he was for choosing to stay back. :) Well either way, pencil pusher or warrior, I am so proud of him and have 110% confidence in him and his military abilities. I know he is smart, sensible, well trained and passionate about what he does so I know he'll make good choices while outside "the wire."In other news...I can't believe our one year anniversary is coming up!! (5/14) For those of you who were there in Mexico, can you believe that we were at the beach a year ago? It seems like only a month ago! I'm deeply saddened we won't be able to spend our first anniversary together but look forward to celebrating it immediately when he gets home.Finally, in most recent news, Frank called twice this morning; once at about 3:30 a.m. and then again at 5:30 a.m. Indiana time. I was passed out so when I awoke I was sad when I got his messages. He told me that they were cutting power at the base for a couple of days so he didn't know what communication would be like for the next few days(probably no phone or computer I'm guessing!). He also told me he couldn't give me details but he would be going to Baghdad on a special mission for 30 days. Trust me...I'm as confused on this as you are. I have NO details on this; when he leaves, why he's leaving, what they're doing on this mission, are they going to have internet or phones!?! I don't know anything because he couldn't give details but as soon as I find anything out I'll be sure to let all of you know! I tell you this not to worry any of you but to keep you updated as much as possible. Say a prayer for him but know that I'm sure he's just fine and staying safe. I know uncertainty accompanies the unknown but just have faith in Frank and his abilities and the abilities of the 293rd!! Yeah Night Fighters! HOOAH!

No comments:
Post a Comment