Please let me take a moment to share with you a story that recently renewed my faith in humanity...there are still guardian angels out there who believe in being good people. Yesterday I came home from a long day at work to discover my lawn mowed and a white card on my front door. As I go inside and start reading the card, I stood there still and in shock for two minutes. I look outside, see the back deck's furniture reorganized and looking fabulous, and reread the card. I remain shocked. Then I start to cry.
Two of my dear, dear friends, Ashley B. and Josh M. had come over that day while I was gone at work and spent their afternoon working in my lawn. They mowed my grass, watered all my flowers, bushes and trees, and hung a lovely hummingbird feeder they bought us as a gift. Ashley is also a brilliant designer and rearranged my deck furniture so that it flows better! With just a few quick moves of some chairs, it looks amazing out there. I never would have thought about it but it looks great!!
While I know Ashley and Josh would probably prefer to go unnamed, I felt their kindness was DEFINITELY "blog worthy." For those of you who read this blog, you know that it takes A LOT to make this blog (wink wink). You have to do something incredibly kind like Ashley and Josh did, pictures from a wedding, or help track the progress of our dying flowers. I mean, this blog is seriously important stuff people! :) No but seriously, thank you Josh and Ashley for your hard work and more than the physical labor itself, caring for me in my time of need. I love you guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment