
LIARS!! Frank is STILL not home. I reread my last post below and laughed. I knew then it wouldn't happen the way they said it would but, of course, in the back of my mind I was hoping the military would actually follow through with what they promised...NO! We are no closer to getting Frank home than we were back in late February...and it's mid-March already. THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS PEOPLE!!
Every day Frank goes to check on what is a called a release packet and every day they tell him to come back tomorrow to check on the status of it. He is passing the time by sleeping tons, eating and playing in pool and poker tournaments. So basically he's going to come home fat and overtired with a gambling addiction. HA! I joke, I joke.

Sadly, it was Frank's birthday this past Monday (3/9) so I was really disappointed for him that he wasn't able to be home to celebrate it with those that really love and care for him. He took it pretty well though. We'll have to do something extra special when he gets home to make up for it. Actually, my mom and I were talking and we have LOTS of milestones he missed. Off the top of my head we have the following to celebrate:
*His 27th birthday (3/9/08)
*Our first wedding anniversary (05/14/08)
*My 25th birthday (7/26/08)
*His 28th birthday (3/09/09)
This doesn't even include all of the countless holidays including the major ones such as 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas 2008, etc., and all of the missed birthdays of his family and friends!! He won't even recognize our niece and nephews!! Ugh...well I'm going to go as rattling off all of the experiences we've missed out on together over the past year are beginning to become overwhelming in print. I'll update you all as soon as I hear anything but for now, it looks like it'll still be a bit longer until Frank's arrival home. Pray for our sanity!!

2 comments:
Dang :( I've been praying for you guys... I hope that he gets his release packet soon. I'm sorry Amanda, I know you must be going crazy! <3 you!!!!
I know it sucks not knowing when he is going to come home, but just remember to keep your head up and it really can't be that much longer....oh and PS never EVER listen to the dates that the military gives you....they ALWAYS ALWAYS change!!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment