"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Details


I found out I was pregnant on Wednesday June 3rd after work. Frank arrived home shortly after I took the test and I tried to figure out a cute way to tell him but I was so shocked and short for time I did the best I could; I am NOT someone who could have refrained from telling him for a couple of days while I put a surprise together so I bit the bullet and surprised him the best I could. Of course, we had to tell our families immediately so we called my mom to have her come over that same evening. After telling her in what we thought was a clever way (again--we only had 20 minutes to think of something!), we opened the bottle of sparkling grape juice my sister's had got for us in a wedding gift and celebrated.

At my wedding shower they made this cute basket full of wines with pictures attached that had different sayings on them. One bottle was called "Dog House" and the picture attached read..."Drink this when you make up from your first fight." Another bottle, for example, was the bottle pictured above which is sparkling grape juice and is for when we find out we're pregnant. Thanks, Becky and Katie, for providing us with such a special moment!

1 comment:

The Ellis Family said...

So cute! I have pics of my pregnancy tests too, lol... all 192of them... it took me a minute to believe it! Hahaha :) I love you and can't wait to see you Thursday!!! <3

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!