"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~My Golden Birthday~



This past weekend I celebrated my "Golden Birthday," turning 26 on the 26th. :) Thanks to all my friends and family who sent cards and/or gifts, called or e-mailed. Your thoughts on my special day were appreciated!
On Sunday Frank and I joined my mom at her place for some fun in the sun. I started feeling a bit puny on Saturday with a sore throat so it helped to get out of the a.c. and into the sun. Thanks to my mom for getting me a bunch of badly needed maternity clothes, as I have totally popped after only 3 months. She also had a special cake made for me which I loved so much it was hard to cut up and eat.
Frank got me a panini maker, new silverware and some fun kitchen tools. I am especially excited about the panini maker as I LOVE me some warm sandwiches :)
After spending the afternoon on the lake, Frank and my mom took me out to a surprise dinner at Eddy Merlot's where I was met with a pleasant surprise...my close friend/co-worker from work was there as well! My mom had invited our girlfriend Krista as a surprise and it was a lovely one at that! She also got me this adorable basket of baby-related gifts including picture frames, a baby powder-scented candle, fuzzy slippers you can put in the microwave for extra healing powers and this great portable diaper changing pad. Thanks, Krista for the thoughtful, but also extremely USEFUL gifts! You are always too generous :) The four of us had a great dinner together and they each helped to make it a wonderful birthday not soon forgotten.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this birthday special!



2 comments:

Adventures of Aaron and Jordan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Aaron is crazy for our panini maker he uses for every sandwich he makes!!!! Enjoy!!

Jordan!

The Ellis Family said...

toooo cute, look at your little baby bump!! I love it! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! We need to have a panini party!! :) Love you! <3

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!