Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thank you, God!
It's taken me a couple days to digest things. Most of you reading this already know but this past Thursday Frank and I had our 3rd ultrasound where we discovered we're expecting A SON in February!!!!!!! There are truly no words to describe how happy we both are. From the day I found out I was pregnant I thought it was a girl. My first "gender dream" was me finding out we were having a girl. The Chinese Gender Predictor Calendar told me it was a girl. When I'd be out shopping I'd see baby clothes on clearance and would pick up only girl items. I saved the receipts and kept the tags on just in case. About a month ago I had another gender dream but this one told me we were having a boy. My baby bump is really filling out early and I am ALL BELLY. When Frank and I talked about the baby I said "he" or "him" or referenced him by name (Frank and I have a couple we like already). So needless to say, my visions of this baby being a girl have been quickly fading over the last month. The morning of our ultrasound I packed up all the girl clothes and rounded up my receipts and went to the appointment. With a full bladder, I reminded Frank that if it was a girl, he better smile IMMEDIATELY or I'd be leaving him at the Dr's office. Even though I know Frank would have loved her regardless, I was so afraid that if this baby was a girl he'd spend the next 4+ months disappointed she wasn't a boy. Luckily that wasn't the case. When we went in, the baby had its legs crossed for a couple of minutes. Becky, our ultrasound tech. kept poking and flicking my belly until he finally got so mad at her he was thrashing around and ultimately uncrossed his legs to expose his parts! It was amazing!!!!!!!! Even though I am at 18 weeks she said he is measuring at a 20 week baby because his legs are sooooo long and his feet are already so big (go figure). He's going to be so long. She was amazed at how active he was and we could see him constantly moving, turning his head, waving, crossing and uncrossing his legs. We also got to see his brain, spine and heart all up close and he is really healthy and normal. I have spent the last few days just reflecting on how amazing life with Frank already is and now this...we're going to have a son together. A SON. A SON!!! I just can't stop saying it because honestly, it just feels so right. This child is a gift from GOD and he is exactly what he should be...a baby boy. I love him so much already and of course, Frank is walking around with an extra two inches of puffed up chest these days. He's going to have a baby boy. He's pretty proud of himself I think. After growing up with only 3 sisters and a mom, he is ready to have a man on his side :) We have some names picked out and as him and I talk about them more we'll post a poll and get your votes on your favorite. Ultrasound pics of Little Man McKeon to come soon! We also sold our current home and bought A DREAM HOME this past month. We're moving in a couple of weeks. Together we are both in such a great place and I just can't believe all the blessings in our life we are receiving. I am so thankful and really....I'm emotional when I think of how good we have it. Whatever we're doing right I hope it continues as we have great jobs, good friends, wonderful family, a beautiful new home, EACH OTHER and an undoubtedly beautiful and most importantly, HEALTHY son on the way. Thank you, God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!

No comments:
Post a Comment