CPT Jon Breitenbucher, Yesterday
Nightfighter Family,
I hope this note finds everyone well, we are doing fine over here.
Everyone is healthy and busy; we did have a little scare with Team Golf.
One of our soldiers got to find out how well his protective equipment
works and thankfully it does indeed. Just in the case there are rumors
circulating the soldier was not seriously injured, but he did have a
round fired at him that was stopped by protective gear he was wearing.
We continue to be the best rehearsed and prepared convoy operating on
the road. Rehearsals and the discipline of our soldiers is what
keep us from serious harm when an incident does occur. I could not
be more proud of our whole team over here, they are not letting
complacency set it and that is the key to keeping everyone doing the
right things (even when no one is looking).
I understand there has been an article circulating in a few papers
reference water quality on the first deployment back in 2003. While I
cannot speak to that I can tell you the water we are drinking here now
is not an issue. In fact the water processing and bottling facility for
most of Iraq is right on this base. If there are soldiers that need to
be checked medically for anything from earlier deployments I am sure it
we be addressed at the demobilization site when we return.
Well it is about 0500 in the morning and the weather has shut us down
for the night again, so I think I will try to get some PT in. I will
write more in a few days. Remember if you have any questions feel free
to email me direct at gerald.hadley@us.army.mil
Take Care
LTC Jerry Hadley
Nightfighter 6

No comments:
Post a Comment