"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not Cooperating!



Yesterday Frank and I went to our 4-D ultrasound appointment for Acen. Acen was 31 weeks and one day old and was a total stinker! We spent almost an hour there and Becky, our dedicated and hysterical ultrasound tech, was determined to make him cooperate. Alas, he simply was not in the mood. He kept his arms and hands in front of his face most of the time and we were only able to get glimpses of him really.
We found out he weighs about 4 pounds right now, HAS HAIR (I'm betting blonde of course!), has really big feet, is long of course and is measuring at about 33 weeks even though he's only 31. Becky guestimates he'll weigh about 8.5-9.5 pounds at delivery---EEK! But I can't say I am surprised by that.
Highlights of the appointment were his constant yawning, him sticking his tongue out at us, opening and shutting his eyes, and his scowling face. Toward the end of the appointment he was getting angry because we kept poking him and shaking my belly to try and get him to move his hands down so we could get a picture and I am pretty sure this angered him. We got a couple of good shots of him scowling and his mouth open as if he was crying or yelling at us! :)
Becky was a fan of me and she saw how disappointed I was that we weren't able to get a better shot of his face so she's letting us come back for free next week to try again!! Overall, it was okay but I know we can get better shots and am excited to try again. From what I could see I think he looks mostly like Frank and a bit like his cousin Landon! :) The pictures below are him sticking his tongue out, him covering his face with his arms and hands and his scowling, angry face! He just wanted us to leave him alone and quit poking him.


No comments:

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!