"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nursery Update!


The theme for Acen's nursery is "rock and roll." The colors are red, black, white, metallic silvers and grey. When I started telling folks what I was initially envisioning I think most people were pretty weary of my ideas but it is really coming together if I say so myself! There are lots of guitars, drums, music notes, some peace signs, some rock and roll wings and even a few skulls and bones (but happy ones of course!). The walls are painted this soothing color called "cement grey", his instrument-theme boarder is up and most of his furniture is here. We're just waiting on his bookshelf is all.



Frank painted a little mini-fridge for him bright red. We also got his diaper pad in bright red fabric and probably my favorite thing in the room is his custom red rocker/recliner with black piping. We still are waiting on getting his curtains up because we have valances and custom bedding but they haven't arrived yet. We also still have to finish decorating the walls but we're waiting on a few specific things decor-wise.



Finally, Frank restructured Ace's closet so that it's more efficient and holds a lot more clothing and other items. It's great and I can't wait to finish washing and putting all of his clothes away. Two of my other favorite things in the room are the lights that you can see in the pictures and the rug. The rug was a God thing--a big thanks to my sister, Becky, who found it for us. She called me and told me about it and when I called to order it they were all out. They told me it was probably gone but gave me one other place to call and they had THE LAST ONE IN THE U.S. so I got super lucky!! It ties the whole room together and I'm so thankful she alerted me to it.




The drum light on the wall and the "applause" and "recording" lights are great, too. They offer the perfect amount of soft light so at 2:00 in the morning it won't be too bright but will offer just enough light for me to safely navigate around the room and change Acen. I still have work to do in there but it's a great start for now and I'm super excited about finishing it up soon!! :)


1 comment:

RKmckee said...

the room really turned out awesome!!! great idea!!

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!