"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Post That Never Ends...



Wow! We've been without cable and internet for over two months now since moving into the new house and I didn't dare do any of this at work so sorry for the lack of updates. I have SO MUCH TO SHARE so if you're really actually interested...settle in. You're in for a serious read :)
On the pregnancy front I am doing great! I am officially 30 weeks today (Tuesday) so not too much longer! 10 weeks, especially with the holidays coming, should fly right by. The doc says I am as healthy as a horse and I have to be honest...pregnancy agrees with me. I feel great and am blessed to be having an "easy" pregnancy. I am having the typical symptoms--exhaustion at the end of the night, swollen feet, back ache has settled in, sleeping...WHAT'S THAT? :) But to be honest, I'm just SO-DAMN-HAPPY that I can't really even complain about any of it.
Frank and I have decided on a name and he's going to be Acen. We like it because we can drop the "n" and just call him "Ace" as a nickname and it just fits our little family's personality so well. So despite what some may think or say, we love it and that's all that matters!
With moving recently the nursery is getting done a lot later than my Type A personality would like but hey, I'm rolling with it. Frank got it painted over the holiday weekend and I just got great news that almost all of his furniture is available for pick up so we'll be doing that this week. Once the furniture is in I'm going to hit it hard with decorations. We're doing a rock and roll theme, but a custom room--not a bed-in-a-bag, so it's been fun to find things on the internet and magazines on my own for the decor! Here is a picture of his custom rocker I had made (his colors are black, red, white, metallic silver and grey!!) I can't wait until it's all put together and I'll be sure to post pictures. Until then...here is me at 28 weeks.
The pictures at the top are from my baby shower (thanks, Kaitlin, for being the photographer that day!). Speaking of that...AMAZING!!! My INCREDIBLE FRIENDS, Gianna, Ashley B. and Tiffany D. organized and threw me a rock and roll baby shower to go along with Acen's nursery theme and I can't say enough great things about them or the day itself. They had my favorite cupcakes, a great food spread, a few fun games, rock star glasses and bling (jewelry) and the fun surprise...a fully stocked candy bar where all the guests were invited to make their own bags of candy to take home as the favor. HOW CLEVER! It was adorable and I am so appreciative of all those who came and were generous with a gift for Acen. Thanks again, ladies!!



Speaking of baby showers...Corey and I threw Gianna her baby shower the month prior and while it was certainly a fun day, Gianna's creativity at my shower a month later put my efforts to shame! Here a few quick photos from that day :)





To finish out the blog...both Frank's and my professional lives have been quite busy as we are anxiously awaiting the opening of our new school! It is anticipated that it will open in February (the same month Acen is due) so that is a bit of a downer but nonetheless, we are excited, busy and looking forward to it. Here are some pictures of the new building's progress:

No comments:

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!