"Family is a haven in a heartless world." --Christopher Lasch



You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let's Hope!

In an effort to get out of the house, get active and hopefully activate labor, Frank took me out Wednesday (2/10) to get some formal dining room furniture as a "push present" for having Acen. While it's not the most commonly thought of gift you may get your wife for having a baby, I really liked the idea! We need furniture for the room any ways and having a nice dining room set that you keep in the family for many, many years is a tradition in our family. After all, my mom has had the same beautiful furniture for 20+ years now! Any ways...while we spent the day looking for furniture, for me it was really just a nice "date day" with my husband, an opportunity to get out of the house and secretly...I was PUSHING IT---walking, walking, walking hard to try and activate labor.
Twice while in Kittles I had a good strong pain that resembled a contraction and that just motivated me to keep walking! Well...it's 5:00 a.m. the next day and I have been up since 2:00 a.m. having contractions!!
I have heard from countless moms at the school to get out and go to the mall and walk and I always blew them off stating that it'd be depressing to just walk around and not buy anything. But I have to tell you...while I'm not sure that I'm in active labor just yet, SOMETHING has changed and was activated with all of yesterday's activities. Since 2:45 a.m. I have been up with what I can only think are contractions (hey--it's my first time!) that are coming like clock-work, every 8 minutes apart, lasting about 35-45 seconds. This could be it!!
Interestingly, Acen's first due date was 2/11/10 but they moved it back to 2/9 because he was measuring big. It would surely be fantastic if he ends up coming later today on his original due date! We'll keep you posted :) :)

No comments:

Bosco Bear

Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!