Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Looking Ahead
Well Bosco has been gone for a few days now and I would like to say that things are getting "back to normal" around here, however, normality for Team McKeon always included Bosco in that equation so we're just busy trying to create a new meaning of normal for our family now. It's been really a lot of fun with Acen the last week or so. While I HATE, HATE, HATE that we broke down and Acen is using a pacifier already, it's been neat watching him use it. Over the course of 3 or 4 days Frank and I watched him as he became frustrated with not being able to hold it in his mouth his self and learned how to hold it in by making a fist. He of course still doesn't have the ability to grasp it with fingers so he holds it in or pushes it out when frustrated by making a fist. Too cute!! Even something as small as that was incredible to see for us as parents because it was the first thing we could watch over the course of a few days and actually see Ace making that connection; he was learning and we could see it in action. Neat!! We've also been having a lot of fun with this break in the cold weather; we've been on a stroller ride every day this past week since the temps hit 40+! Between all the bundling up we do and the movement of the stroller, I think he really enjoys it and is going to be an outdoors boy. Plus, as long as they're plenty warm, I really believe in getting children outdoors as much as possible as the cool air is good for them and their health. Also, on one of our recent walks we discovered that our neighborhood backs up to a horse farm so we're looking forward to Acen getting older and being able to pet the horses over the fence in a few years :) Finally, today is Frank's 29th birthday so Acen and I made him a cake yesterday and we're excited to spend the day together celebrating as a family. Acen fell back asleep after his 5:00 am feeding so I snuck downstairs and finished icing and decorating the cake and laying out Frank's presents for him to be surprised with when he wakes up today. Pictures of the great day to follow soon! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bosco Bear
We miss you SO MUCH, Bosco!!

No comments:
Post a Comment